Sunday

Brimfield Antique Show - May 2012

We took the 5 hour drive Thursday night from Philly to a small town in Western Massachusetts, not far from where I went to college.  Having never been there, I really wasn't sure exactly what to expect; I was just told to get there early, wear comfortable shoes, and bring cash.  The next morning, we took the short drive to Brimfield, arriving a little after 6am.  The Brimfield Antique Show spans close to a mile on Rt. 20, and the tents go back probably 50-100 yards on both sides of the street; so when driving down the antique-lined road on the way to find parking, all you can see are these bits & pieces of amazing shit that catch your eye, and the sheer volume of stuff tends to land an "Oh. My. God." type reaction.

The first hour of the show I was pretty overwhelmed, and couldn't properly pace myself.  But once I settled down, I started to actually spend some time doing what I love to do most...DIG!  We were on a total high the entire day, and while we originally planned to do the show in 2 days, we muscled through and finished in one long, tiring, and amazing day.

I cant express how inspiring this trip was, and I will do everything in my power to attend this show every year for the rest of my life.

I took a ridiculous amount of pictures, and tried to edit them down to what you see below.  And yes, this is the edit.




Line at 7am for the first day of one of the tents.





























 Traffic heading towards the show.









My grandfathers name







This was my Great Uncle's fishing company.  Almost cried when I saw this.







Tourist pose

Rad ninja pose

Backpack hopefully made from some type of endangered species


Coolest couple in the history of the world.  Wish I got a better pic.












This hiking bro was killin it.













bomb.com





Picked up a couple of these old industrial lamp shades for the pad

Chatted with these guys for a few, apparently they have about 250 more of these chairs in storage in Miami




Hartford denim company.  These guys were rad, and making jeans on the spot.  Almost bought their Denim Kimono popover lined with vintage tablecloth fabric, but realized I wasn't cool enough to pull it off.


Vintage Selvedge 501's

Denim Chairs







These camo patterns were awesome.






See you in September, Brimfield!!


3 comments:

  1. nasty stuff here. i really want a leather armchair now

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is sick dude! nice pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved as much as you'll receive carried out right here. The sketch is tasteful, your authored material stylish. nonetheless, you command get bought an edginess over that you wish be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come more formerly again as exactly the same nearly a lot often inside case you shield this hike.

    Regards,
    Nathalie
    I love vinyl tablecloth

    ReplyDelete